Welcome! And happy 2014! I hope everyone had a fantastic and safe New Years Eve. I started mine off with a little bubbly at my house and then my partner in crime did some longboarding to the local pub by our house. It was a nice mellow New Year’s Eve.
So with it being a new year I decided to dive right in! And one of my many goals for 2014 was starting a blog. I love crafting and cooking so my blog will mainly be about showing others how to create some pretty cool D.I.Y masterpieces and trying out new recipes and sharing them with you guys!
2013 was a pretty big year for me. I got engaged to the handsome man pictured above! I have been doing some slight wedding planning even though our date is quite a ways away. In doing this planning
I have come to the realization that I really enjoy wedding planning. I already knew I enjoyed party planning and coming up with themes but it wasn’t until I started planning a wedding that the light bulb formed above my head. I thought maybe I could do this party planning thing for a living. I then did some research and event planning is a very big pool to start swimming in. I do not have a lot of experience in the industry. But don’t freight this is not deterring me I just decided I needed to make some stepping stone goals. I have decided that 2014 is all about doing more of what makes me happy! I am hoping this blog opens new doors for the future with either starting my own business, getting a job at an already establish wedding/party planning business, doing some volunteer work to gain experience, or maybe opening up a wedding venue. So with that being said if any of my readers need some inspiration on their wedding or party coming up I would love to put a Pinterest board together for you. Or you can check out my Pinterest page at www.pinterest.com/oddyellowbird and look at some of the boards I have already put together. Or if you live in the Phoenix area and would like help with planning your special event I would be more than happy to help and start building a portfolio!
I would also like to perfect my Photoshop skills and get my Etsy store up and running! I hope to sell the crafts I make tutorials for on my blog in my Etsy store. I know life can get quite hectic so if you gander something you like and don’t have time to make it you can just hope over to my store and purchase it.
So those are the big goals! My final goal for 2014 is of course to eat healthier and exercise more and just in general live a healthier life. I have been juicing a lot lately and definitely want to keep it up in 2014. I was going to do a 5 day juice fast starting today but my Dad is turning the big 80 and we have a Vegas party planned for him so I figured I would start the fast after that adventure. So with that being said I would love to share with you one of my favorite juicing recipe. I know some people might be scarred of juicing because liquefied vegetables does not sound like the most appealing thing in the world. But I pinky promise you this recipe taste great! It also gives me a great natural boost of energy to get me through my morning. Best of all it’s healthy, you get a pretty hefty dose of your daily fruit and vegetables you are supposed to consume for the day, and it’s raw so you are getting all the great nutrients the produce has to offer!
Can’t Beat It Juice Recipe
- ½ a beet (Be careful if you use red beets the stain very easily)
- ½ of any apple of your choosing (Green are lower in sugar. Be careful not to juice the seeds as they can be harmful if you digest too many)
- 4-6 leafs of romaine lettuce (sometimes I even add a handful of Kale)
- 1 whole cucumber peeled
- 1 inch piece of ginger peeled
Not only are these ingredients packed with vitamins and minerals they also offer other great health benefits.
Here are some fun facts about the ingredients:
- Apple – Can help to reduce cholesterol, cleanse digestive system, detoxifies, can help to boost the immune system, and help prevent cancer.
- Beet – Good for healing the body, detoxification, can help lower blood pressure, is a strong antioxidant and has anti-inflammatory properties, can also help prevent cancer.
- Cucumber – Good for hydrating, antioxidant, has anti-inflammatory benefits, and helps to prevent cancer.
- Ginger – Helps digestion, reduce inflammation, good to help treat colds,
- Romaine Lettuce – Helps digestion, can reduce cholesterol and blood pressure, and help build strong bones.
- Kale – Can help reduce inflammation, antioxidant, and lower blood pressure and keep out free radicals, keeps bones nice and strong, jump start your nervous system, and help prevent cancer.
Now those are some good reasons to get your juicing on!
If you try the juice let me know what you think or if you have any questions. I would love to hear your responses. I would also love to hear what everyone did this New Year’s Eve and what were some of the resolutions you made?
Cheers to a great 2014!